Traffic matters most for any blog or website because it decides their earning. Normally we divide traffic into two major parts: Direct Traffic and Referral Traffic. Direct Traffic refers to those visitors who come to your site by typing the url of your site in address bar of their Web browser. It also include bookmark pages, saved pages etc. When you promote your Contents on internet, You get Referral Traffic.
Some popular ways of getting referral traffic are : (1) Guest Posting (2) Blog Commenting (3) Content Sharing on various social Networks (4) Promotion of contents on Blogging Communities.
I was unaware of Blogging Communities till Nov 2013. After knowing about blogging communities, I started sharing my articles on top blogging communities. As a result, I got lots of referral traffic. While promoting my articles on Top blogging communities, the idea of making a similar community came into my mind. I was not much serious but still decided to know about the procedure. Finally, I found a free CMS platform in the form of Pligg which allows you to create your own blogging community websites within few minutes. In this blog post, I will show you the complete method.
You Might Also Like – Why you are not Making Money from your Blog?
- More chances of getting Success – Chances of getting success is more in Blogging Community websites as compared to a blog.
- No need to waste time in writing articles – In blogging communities, bloggers submit their article for promotion. You just publish them on the basis of their quality.
- Building relation with Bloggers is easy : Building a relationship with other bloggers is important for getting success. Through Blogging community, you would be able to interact with so many bloggers at one place.
- No need to waste time on Promotion – Webmasters often promote their blogging communities for getting popularity but i have noticed that, that’s not necessary. If your blogging community has some quality, people will share it with their friends and followers which is the best way getting exposure.
Don’t forget to Read- Earn money by organizing a Giveaway in your blog
- First of all, Log into your cPanel Account.
- In your cPanel, click on “One-Click Installs” option. The screenshot for the same is shown below:
- After clicking on “One-Click Installs” option, You will get a new screen which will show you the list of scripts which supports one-click install. Just scroll down that page until you see “Social Networking” section. In this section, click on “Pligg” Option. The screenshot of the same is shown below.
- After clicking on “Pligg” Option as shown in above figure, You will get the below given screen. Just click on “Start” Option:
- After clicking on “Start” button as shown in above figure, You will get the list of your domain. If you have purchased only one domain, you will see it only. However, If you have purchased more than one domains, you will have to choose the domain where you want to install Pligg. For example- I have used “yourproteam.com” for installing Pligg.
- Make sure that you have checked the check box which says “OOPS! Looks like something already exists there! I understand that continuing will overwrite the files.” .
- Once done, Click on “Check Domain” Option. After that, click on “Advanced” option to name your site and choosing your admin username and password. You can also change this credentials later on. Once done, Click on “Install Now” Option. The screenshot for the same is shown below:
- Clicking on “Install Now” button will install Pligg in your domain. If you want to change the Install location of Pligg, click on “Change Install Location“. After the completion of installation process, Bluehost will show you the details of your installed script. The screenshot for the same is given below:
- For example- I have installed Pligg at http://yourproteam.com. It means, my demo Blogging Community website is live there. I haven’t installed any Template yet so it is showing the default template.
Also Read- How to increase traffic to your Website?
- Log into the cPanel of your Hostgator Account.
- Under Software/Services category, click on “QuickInstall” option. The screenshot for the same is shown below:
- After clicking on “Quick Install” option, You will see the list of various Scripts which supports Quick Install.
- Move to “CMS Software” category. Click on “Pligg” Option.
- Rest process is quite easy. To complete the installation, just follow the on-screen instruction.
Don’t forget to Read – 6 Guarenteed ways to bring traffic to your blog
- First of all Purchase and download a stylish Pligg Template. You can find some best Pligg templates at http://pligg.com/download-category/template/. Popular Blogging Community sites like BlogEngage is also using the template listed here.
- Unzip the Pligg Template file in your computer. Upload the downloaded “Template Folder” to “Template” directory in your server’s directory.
- Once done, login as an administrator in your pligg website.Then go to “Configure Pligg” and select “Template”. Click on your current template name and edit it.
- There, Enter the name of the folder of your new template(new downloaded template).
- Hurray. You have configured it completely. Your Pligg website will start showing your new Template. enjoy
Now a days, several Blogging communities are doing exceptionally well and their Administrators are earning handsome money as well so starting your own Blogging Community website is not a bad idea at all. What do you say?