As we all know, WordPress is a major blogging platform. These day’s Google’s blogging platform i.e Blogger(Blogspot.com) has got some popularity as well but still serious bloggers recommend everyone to use self Hosted WordPress Blog. So many reasons are there for this. First of all, You host your WordPress blog in your own server which means you actually own your blog. It means, you can sell your blog without any issue. The second and last thing which makes WordPress Blogs superior are the “Plugin” which makes the task of bloggers quite easier. That’s probably the reason why, even a newbie blogger find it easy to work in WordPress.
Every coin has two faces. WordPress is also not an exception because everyday, more than thousand WordPress Blogs are hacked by hackers even when you take right security measures. Most of the times, Hackers completely destroy the hacked blog. That’s probably the reason why, i suggest every WordPress Users to take a backup of their blog everyday.
- First of Install and Activate Google Authenticator Plugin in your WordPress Blog.
- Navigate to Users -> Profile and Personal options page. Check the check box to enable two-step verification on your blog. If your Typing Speed is too slow, check the “Relaxed Mode” check box otherwise leave it. The screenshot of the same is given below:
- Now install Google Authenticator Application in your Android, iPhone or Blackberry Phone.I use Android Platform so downloaded the Application from Google Play Store. You can download the same App for your Blackberry and iOS Powered devices by visiting the official App Store for free.
- Complete the “Setup” process on your respective device after the installation of Application.
- After setting up your account, navigate to WordPress Admin Dashboard>>Users>>Your Profile. Click on “Show/Hide QR code” to see a new QR code.You will have to use a QR reader application on your computer to read this code. The screenshot of the same is shown below.
- After reading this QR code via your mobile device, you will get a code in your mobile which will look like below given figure:
- Now, visit the admin panel of your WordPress Blog. Usually admin address appears like http://www.yourblog.com/wp-admin. You will see a new field in your WordPress Login Panel. The screenshot of the same is given below:
- In this field, you will have to use the Code, which appears in Google Authenticator Application installed in your mobile device. Please note that, this code refreshes itself every minute on your mobile device. That’s it. You have secured your WordPress Blog.
Note:-Till Now, Google Authenticator Application is available only on iOS,Android and Blackberry devices which means, if you are not an user of these three platform, you can’t use 2-step verification method on Your WordPress Blog.