How to enable Search Description for blog posts in blogger?
Today, I am publishing the second article of series titled “Blogger Advanced SEO Pack for Beginners and Advanced Users”. In this post, I will show you, How you can use the Search Description for getting best result in SERPs. Search description is really important for attracting the targeted traffic to your blog. It informs the visitors about the type of content present inside a particular blog post in SERPs. WordPress users can use different SEO plugins, which simplifies their work but what about Blogger users? Can they modify the Search Description according to their need? The answer is “Yes”. If you don’t know anything about “Search Description”, don’t worry. I will deal everything.
You Might Also Like –How to get an Approved Adsense Account in 1 hour?
- First of all, Sign into your Blogger Account.
- In Dashboard, Click on “Settings“. You will see the below given procedure:
- After that, Click on “Search Preferences“. You would be able to see a new screen on the right hand side. Simply click on “Edit” link of “Description” to enable it. The screenshot is shown below:
- Choose the “Yes” radio button and write a short description about your blog in the Description box. The screenshot is shown below:
- Once done, click on “Save Changes” button. Doing this will enable search description for blog posts. Enjoy.
- After enabling the Search Description for blog posts, either open any existing blog post or create a New blog post. I will prefer to apply it in new blog posts. To create a new blog post, click on “New Post” button as shown below:
- Have a Look on Right hand side options and click on “Search Description” Option. For understanding it better, see the below given figure:
- After doing this, you will see a Text Box. Just write your desired Search Description. While doing so, make sure that it only contains 156 characters because search engine doesn’t show more than 156 characters in their results. Also make sure that, it contains relevant information about your blog post.
- Once done, click on “Done” button and enjoy.
You Might Also Like –How to index a new website or blog within 5 minutes in Google?
1. Irrelevant Search Description affects your Traffic
As you all know, Search Description gives users, a brief idea about the content of a blog post so it should be relevant all the time. If it is not relevant , user will not visit your blog or website. Always remember “Your first impression is your last impression” and your first impression appears in search result in terms of Title and search description.
If you haven’t enabled the search description for blog posts in blogger, it will automatically add search description to your blog post based upon the content. However, there is no guarantee that it will always add relevant search description. I have noticed that, it adds irrelevant search description so many times so it’s always better to use Custom Search description for blog posts. If you have facility, use it.
You Might Also Like –Earn Money by organizing a Giveaway on your blog through GiveAway.Ly
2. Best Suited for a Video or Picture Blog
Most of the time, a video or a Picture blog only contains Videos and Pictures. It means, these blogs contains very less textual contents. Automatic search description facility provided by blogger fails in this scenario. It happens because automatic search description are generated on the basis of textual contents.
In such blogs, enabling search description and then using Custom search description in blog posts are necessary. After doing that, your title will contain a relevant search description about the video in search results. User will come to know about your post. It will increase the number of visitors in your blog.
The main advantage of this functionality is, it doesn’t ask you to add text in your video or photo blog for the generation of Search Description. Have a look on below given figure:
In the above figure, You can clearly see that, there is very few texts but still, it will show a relevant Search Description in SERPs(Search Engine Result Pages). That’s the benefit.