Blogger Sitemap Generator Tool: How to use it for better SEO?
Last year Blogger added automatic sitemap generation functionality to their blogger or blogspot platform. It means, your blogspot automatically generates an XML sitemap file which automatically changes its contents, when you update your blog. You can access the sitemap Page of any blogspot blog by visiting http://www.blogname.blogspot.com/sitemap.xml . If you don’t know anything about XML sitemap file, it would be interesting for you to know that an XML Sitemap file is necessary for all kind of blogs and websites. It helps the crawlers of search engines to crawl and index your blog and website. However, automatic sitemap generation doesn’t guarantee that, search engine crawlers will crawl and index all of your articles. So many times, it doesn’t index important articles which hurts. I will provide the solution of this problem via this post.
Method 1: Using the Blogger XML Sitemap Generator by Digital Inspiration
- Visit http://ctrlq.org/blogger/
- Type the url of your Blogger blog in the filed provided. You can use either blogspot.com address or your custom domain. The screenshot is shown below:
- Once done, click on “Generate Sitemap” button. You will see below given screen:
- Now, sign into your Blogger Profile and navigate to Settings>>Search Preference. The screenshot is shown below:
- Just click on “Edit” link which is placed just beside the [Disabled] option in “Custom robot.txt” option. The screenshot is shown below:
- Enable the Custom Robot.txt content by choosing the “Yes” option. The screenshot is given below:
- Now, Paste the Generated XML code(Which was generated in 3rd step) in this box. The screenshot is shown below:
- Once done, click on “Save Changes” button and you are done. After doing this, there is no need to submit the Sitemap file to Google Webmaster Tools. Google Crawler will use atom.xml and will automatically index all of your contents.
Method 2: Using the Blogger XML Sitemap Generator by MBT
- Visit http://tools.mybloggertricks.com/generator/sitemap.html. You will see the below given screen:
- In the first textbox, type the name of your url including” http://” at the begining and “/” at the end of url. For example – http://www.bankerzindia.com/ or http://www.yourblog.blogspot.com/.
- In the second text box, type the number of Post present in your blogspot blog. Check the below given screen for understanding this matter clearly.
- Once done, click on “Submit” button. It will generate an atom.xml for you. The screenshot is shown below:
- You will have to submit the generator Sitemap to Google Webmaster Tools. To do this, open the homepage of Google Webmaster Tool and click on your website. In Dashboard, click on “Sitemaps”. The screenshot of the same is shown below:
- A new window will Open. Click on “Add/Test sitemap” button. The screenshot is given below:
- Now, add the generated atom.xml(Generated in above step 4) in the space provided. The screenshot is shown below:
- For understanding the above mentioned step much better, see the below given figure:
- Once done, click on “Submit Sitemap” button. After clicking this button, you will see the below given screen:
- Just click on “Refresh the Page” link . You would be able to see the result. The screenshot is given below:
- That’s it. You are done. Enjoy