How to Add an Advanced Editor in Asp.net Web Pages?
After a long, I am going to publish a Tutorial on Asp.net. In this post, I will show you the method to use an Advanced Editor in Asp.net Web Pages. Visual Studio comes with a normal Text Box which doesn’t contain advanced functionalities like- Font Selection, Font Size changing option, Alignment and much more. If you are a web developer, you can’t give a web page to your client which doesn’t contain advanced functionalities. For getting better reputation in market, You must provide an user friendly control to your clients. I was consistently getting many request from the users so finally, I am providing a tutorial on this topic.
Now, Have a look on Above given figure which represents the Advanced Editor. As you can see, It contains lots of options. Users can perform lots of formatting tasks with ease. It looks professional as well so every Asp.net developer should use it.
- Visit http://ajaxcontroltoolkit.codeplex.com/ and click on Download Button to download this toolkit in Zip Format.
- After downloading the file, Unzip it.
- Open “Visual Studio ” software.
- Create a New Website. The screenshot of the same is shown below:
- After that, Open a new Web form i.e Default1.aspx and Move to the toolbox.
- Below “General” tab, right click and choose “Add Tab” and give it a name like “Ajax Control Toolkit”. The screenshot of the same is shown below:
- After that, right click on the newly created Tab and click on “Choose items” option. You will see the below given screen:
- Click on “Browse” button and move to the location where you have unzipped the downloaded file(Ajax Control Toolkit” in above step.
- Choose “AjaxControlToolkit.dll” file. Now you have successfully added Ajax Control Toolkit in your Visual Studio. Now, You would be able to use advanced functionalities in your web page.
- Written instructions of further steps can be confusing for you so I have made a Video Demo. Simply follow all the steps and enjoy.