How to get Custom Google Plus URL for your profile and business pages?
From last 3-4 weeks, I was consistently getting notification from Google that, They have released “Custom Google Plus Url” for Profile and Business Pages. I neglected their notification most of the time. However, I checked this last night after getting few EMails from new bloggers, Who requested me to provide a tutorial because they were not able to get custom url Google Plus url for their profile and business pages. When i tried, it worked exceptionally well so sharing the whole process via this article. As you can see in the above Picture, I have customized the Google Plus url for my Profile and Page.
Before i start this tutorial, It would be important for you to understand the meaning of Custom Google Plus Url. Actually, a normal Google Plus Url looks a bit complex as it contains a numerical value which are difficult to memorize. An example of same is shown below:
A Custom Google Plus Url means a simple url which can be remembered easily. As the word “Custom” suggests, You can customize your Google+ url to some extent. An example of Custom Google Plus url is shown below:
- Visit Google+ website and log into your Profile .
- Click on “Profile” Option. See below given figure:
- If you are eligible to get custom Google Plus url, You will see a blue button title “Get url” along with message “Your Profile is eligible for a custom URL”. Just click on “Get URL” button. Below given screenshot shows the same:
- After clicking on “Get URL” button, You will see a new screen which will ask you to customize your url. Choose the name which suits you best. For example- I used “RaviKumarJMT”. See the below given screenshot.
- Once done, Click on “Change URL” button. You will see a confirmation form. Just confirm it. The screenshot for the same is shown below:
- That’s it. You are done. Now you have successfully customized the Google Plus URL of your profile. Let’s see, My Custom Google+ url :
- The Process was very simple(I guess). If you still have any problem, Feel free to ask me via comments.
You may also Like: Blogger Advanced SEO Pack for Beginners and Advanced Users
- Visit your Google+ Business Page.
- Click on “About” Page .
- Follow the instructions available on this page.
- If you have already connected your website with your Google+ Business Page, Follow the below given steps:
- Open your Google+ Business Page. Click on “Profile” option on the same page.
- After clicking on “Profile” option, You will see a new Page where, You will see an option to Grab your custom URL. Simply click on “Get URL” button. The screenshot for the same is show below:
- After clicking on “Get URL” button, You will be redirected to another screen, Which will ask you to customize your Google+ Page URL. Choose the name according to your choice. The screenshot for the same is shown below:
- Once done, You will see confirmation screen. Click on “Confirm Choice” button. The screenshot for the same is shown below:
- That’s it. I have customized the url of one of my Google+ Business Page. Lets see, How it looks with custom url.
- Isn’t that simple?