Twitter Cards : Are you using it on your WordPress Blog?
Last week, i noticed some tweets on twitter with additional contents such as large images, a collection of smaller images and even video and audio files. It was new to me so i tried to know, how people are doing this because twitter allow you to post only 140 character message. After doing some enquiry, i came to know that it was made possible due to the “Twitter Cards“. Lets see, how tweets appear when Twitter Cards are enabled in WordPress.
Are nofollow Backlinks Good for SEO? http://t.co/LqvyQpMAt2
— ravi kumar (@ravik1214) October 22, 2014
What are Twitter Cards?
Normally, people can’t post tweet beyong the standard of 140 characters. Twitter Cards allow you to attach additional contents to your tweets which are shared. These additional contents can be defined by you on your website through meta tags. Each time your posts are shared on twitter,these additional contents will automatically be attched to the tweet.
As this Twitter Card content can add images, videos, product information and more, it thusallows you to produce some eye catching tweet which will make your content stand out on Twitter.
There are currently seven Twitter Cards Available:
- Summary Card: Default Card, including a title, description, thumbnail, and Twitter account attribution.
- Summary Card with Large Image: Similar to a Summary Card, but with a prominently featured image.
- Photo Card: A Card with a photo only.
- Gallery Card: A Card highlighting a collection of four photos.
- App Card: A Card to detail a mobile app with direct download.
- Player Card: A Card to provide video/audio/media.
- Product Card: A Card optimized for product information.
Want to Increase your Adsense Earnings?
If you are a blogger who is struggling to make much through Google Adsense, you are doing something wrong because people are making millions through Adsense. If you want to figure out the issue and make millions,[standout-css3-button href=”http://www.geteverything.org/increase-adsense-earnings-semrush/”]Check this Post[/standout-css3-button][/color-box]
How to Enable Twitter Cards on WordPress Blogs
Twitter doesn’t create Twitter Cards on its own. The process of enabling Twitter Cards for your WordPress Blog involves two main steps:
- Adding the necessary Code to the head section for enabling the Twitter Cards
- Requesting Approval from Twitter to Enable Cards
If you are looking for a detailed guide on, check this Getting Started Guide by Twitter. If you are not a coder, you can use Plugins for enabling the Twitter Cards on your WordPress Blog.
Make you WordPress blog Hacker Proof for Free?
So many hackers are trying to hack blogs and websites. One of the most popular blogging platform is “WordPress” so it’s important for your to make it Hacker Proof. If you want to do this for free, [color-button href=”http://www.geteverything.org/protect-wordpress-blog-one-wp-security-plugin/”]Click Here[/color-button][/color-box]
List of Best Twitter Card Plugins for WordPress Users
There are some free plugin which has been developed for enabling Twitter Cards in WordPress. Along with them, there are some other plugins which you might already be using on your blog that allow you to enable Twitter Cards. They are : WordPress SEO by Yoast and Jetpack.
#1. WordPress SEO by Yoast
This is undoubtedly the most popular free SEO plugin which has been used by 90% WordPress users. It would be interesting for you to know that this plugin also includes basic support for twitter cards. If you are already using this Plugin, there is no need to use any other dedicated twitter card plugin. To enable twitter cards using WordPress SEO by Yoast, navigate to SEO>>Social. See below given screenshot:
Now, Click on Twitter Tab. Click on the check box labelled “Add Twitter Card meta Data”. Once done, enter your Twitter Username and choose the type of Twitter Card you want to use.This plugin current supports only two types of Twitter Cards. You can use Summary with Large Image for better representation of your tweets.
Once Done, validate your url by visiting Twitter Card Validator Page.
Once done, you will receive a confirmation email and you are done. Now, whenever your posts will be shared on twitter, it will appear with large image.
After the card has been enabled for your website you should then be able to preview a post of your website using the Validator page. It will thus enable you to see how your post will look when it is shared by anyone on Twitter.
#2. Other Plugins which support Twitter Cards
There are some other Plugins which has been developed to support Twitter Cards. They are listed below:
- JM Twitter Cards– If you don’t have any problem in installing another plugin and you are not using any other plugin that supports Twitter cards such as WordPress SEO or JetPack then this plugin is undoubtedly a better choice. One of the best benefit of using this plugin is that it support almost all kind of Twitter Cards(Please note that WordPress SEO by yoast support only two types of Twitter Cards). In additon to this, it allow you to choose a specific Card type for each individual post.
- Twitter Cards Meta-This plugin is the product of wpdeveloper.net and allow you to add Twitter Cards Metadata without any issue. It now supports Photo and Summary Card. Support for Player card is coming soon.
- Twitter Cards Plugin– This “Twitter Cards Plgin” allow you to add twitter card markup to individual posts. It supports summary, Photo and Player Types.
So Are you using Twitter Cards on your Blog?
As i informed you earlier in this post, Twitter Cards allow you to add additional contents like Photo, Video, Audio etc to your shared tweets. It thus makes your tweets special among users. After enabling Twitter Cards on this blog, i have observed a remarkable increase in the tweets. That’s why, i recommend you to use Twitter Card on your blog as well. What do you say?
If you are already using Twitter Cards on your blog, share your experience. If you are not using it now, enable it and then comment..