How to use Aweber with Genesis eNews Extended Plugin?
So many WordPress users including me are using Genesis Framework these days. For adding stylish Email subscription form to any Genesis Website, you can either user HTML+CSS codes or Genesis eNews Extended Plugin. If you are not a coder, I will advise you to use the plugin because it allows you to easily add Mailing list integration to any Genesis website with the help of Widgets.
Normally, it’s extremely easy to integrate Feedburner with Genesis eNews Extended Plugin because you just need to add your Feedburner Id. However, you may find it difficult to Integrate Aweber with Genesis eNews Extended Plugin. For users who are not well versed in HTML, I am providing this tutorial so that they can easily use Aweber with Genesis eNews Extended Plugin.
- First of all, Log into your Aweber Account. In Dashboard, click on “Sign up Forms” tab.
- In order to create a New form, click on “Create a Sign up Form” button. See below given screenshot:
- Now choose a style of your choice and setup field in your Form. For this tutorial, I am using a simple form with two fields i.e Name and Email Address. Once done, Save your form and click on “Go to Step 2″.
- In this step, Give a suitable name to your Signup Form and Move to next step by clicking on “Go to Step 3″. If you haven’t saved your form, do it now and then proceed to next step.
- Now you have created your signup form. Next step is to get the HTML code. For this, you need to click on first option “I will Install my Form” .See below given screenshot:
- Now, you will see HTML codes. There is no need to copy the whole code because you will need only two fields during integration with Genesis eNews Extended Plugin. They are Form Action and Hidden Fields.
- For Form Action Field, copy the url which appears in Action field. This url remains same for all kinds of Aweber form. It means everyone can use this code in their form during integration with Genesis eNews Extended Plugin.
- During integration with Genesis eNews Extended Plugin, you will also need Hidden Fields. Copy all lines which has “<input type=”hidden”>” tag. Don’t get confused, see below given screenshot.
- Just copy the codes which you selected in last 2 steps. You will need it.
- If you haven’t installed Genesis eNews Extended Plugin yet, Go to Plugin>>Add New option. See below given screenshot:
- Type “Genesis eNews Extended” in the search box and click on “Search Plugins” button. The screenshot is shown below:
- You will see the Search result. Genesis eNews Extended Plugin will appear at the top. Just click on “Install Now” link.
- After Installing this Plugin, You need to “Activate” it.
- Once done, Click on Appearance>> Widgets. See below given screenshot:
- In Widget section, Drag and drop “Genesis eNews Extended” widget to either sidebar or any location of your choice. Now fill the first 3 parts. It’s not tough I guess. In Title field, Give a suitable title to your signup form. In next field, Add some text which will appear above the form. In third field, add some text which will go to the end of form. Lets see, What i am using.
- In Form Action Field, use below given code:
- For clarification, see below given Screenshot:
- Before filling the next three field, Have a look at your form. In this tutorial, I am using a form which has two fields i.e Name and Email ID. If your form is also same, enter “email” and “name” in E-mail Field and First Name Field. Leave the Last Name Field blank. See below given screenshot for clarification.
- In hidden field, Paste the code which you have copied in last step of Step 1 i.e all code which has tag <input type=”hidden”>. If you are still confused, see below given figure.
- At the end, Don’t forget to check the option which says “Open Confirmation Page in Same Window”. See below given screenshot:
- Now you successfully completed the integration process. Just save your form and enjoy.